4 Day Reef and Beach & Whale Shark Adventure Package
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, Western Australia
- Product code: PCJ76H
Availability: Tours depart from Exmouth Tuesdays, weekly (subject to availability). Custom dates may be available, please contact us.
Available Dates 2018:
April 3 - 6
April 10 - 13
May 1 - 4
May 29 - June 1
June 26 - 29
July 24 - 27
- 3 day Reef and Beach sea kayak, snorkel and beach camp tour
- 1 day tour swimming with Ningaloo’s famous Whale sharks
- 3 nights accommodation (twin share) and breakfasts at 4.5 star Mantarays Ningaloo Resort
- 2 dinners at fantastic local restaurants
The Tour: The 4-Day Reef and Beach tour is perfect for those seeking a real adventure, with a taste of luxury! Begin by checking in to your pre-booked accommodation at 4.5 star Mantarays Ningaloo Resort on Monday afternoon. On Tuesday morning, we will pick you up at 7.45am to begin your Reef and Beach adventure. Over the next 3 days you will sea kayak in the sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, snorkel numerous amazing sites, and in the afternoon land your kayak at your very own deserted wilderness beach camp. Watch the sun set, and sleep under the stars in Cape Range National Park. Dusk and dawn are amongst our favourite times to experience the Ningaloo coastline, so why not come and share the magic?
Turtles, rays, dugong, dolphins, reef sharks, myriad reef fish and an abundance of marine life make Ningaloo a brilliant place to kayak and snorkel. On land we also regularly see kangaroos, wallabies, emu, echidna and birds of prey. Three days exploring Ningaloo in a self-sufficient kayak equals a sensational experience!
At the end of the Reef & Beach tour you will return to Mantarays Ningaloo Resort to relax and recharge for the next leg of your adventure. Tonight you have dinner on us (to the value of $70/person) at Mantarays Resort Restaurant.
Our partners at Ocean Eco Adventures will pick you up after breakfast on Friday morning for a day swimming with majestic Whale sharks, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Return to Mantarays in the afternoon to unwind and relax. On Friday evening enjoy a delicious set-menu dinner at Whalers Restaurant. Tour ends with check out from Ningaloo Novotel after breakfast on Saturday morning.
Sea Kayaking and Snorkelling: The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go. Be amazed by turtles darting around your kayak, look for the silhouettes of rays as they rest or forage in the sand. We usually paddle the coastline from Osprey Bay and head north with the prevailing winds, usually finishing at Ned’s Camp or Mangrove Bay. Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
Beach Camping: These 3 day tours are perfect for the person looking to immerse themselves in the beauty of Ningaloo. Each afternoon we pull up our kayaks at a different deserted beach, and, in between stories of the day, set up our camp for the night. Afterwards, you may choose to go for a relaxing stroll along the beach, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
We endeavor to make your camping experience as comfortable as possible, with self-inflating mattresses, tents, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, we even provide inflatable pillows! This tour is the perfect choice for those looking for an adventure and to immerse themselves in the wonders of Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park.
3 Day Reef & Beach Tour Includes:
- Double sit-inside expedition sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising, paddles
- PFDs (life jackets)
- Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
- Dry bags for packing clothing, sleeping gear etc
- Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats
- Comfortable camping gear: tents, inflatable mattresses and pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs and shade shelter
- Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, BYO welcome)
- Transport to and from your Exmouth accommodation in our air-conditioned bus
- National park entry and camping fees
- Qualified and experienced local guide
- Complimentary tour photos
- Drinking water bottle
- Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
- Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm
- Towel or sarong
- Gloves (optional: fingerless cycling or paddling gloves are great for sun protection)
- Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
- Head torch
- Drinks for sunset happy hour
- Overnight bag with camp clothes, toiletries etc, which will then be packed into dry bags to take on the kayak with us. Pack warm clothes for cool nights
FAQ: Minimum age is 8 years old. Non-swimmers are welcome, all guests wear PFDs (lifejackets) whilst kayaking and are welcome to wear them whilst snorkelling if needed. Minimum 2 persons needed to confirm tour departure. We usually paddle anywhere between 7 and 12 kms over the day, depending on how the group is travelling and prevailing weather conditions. We aim to provide the opportunity for 2 snorkels at different locations throughout the day. This tour is ‘expedition camp’ style, meaning we carry all of our gear with us in the kayaks, and set up camp at a different wilderness location each day. The campsites we use are un-developed with no established facilities, therefore bush toileting may be required. Access to fresh water for washing is limited as we carry all our fresh water in the kayaks. There is limited mobile phone reception in the tour area, we carry a satellite phone for emergencies.
Whale Shark Discovery Tour: Swimming with a Whale shark is unforgettable! With years of experience in offering Whale Shark cruises at Ningaloo, our partners at Ocean Eco Adventures know exactly what your expectations are and deliver on all levels.
Your day tour swimming with Whale Sharks includes:
- Exclusive use of Ocean Eco's private Microlight spotter
aircraft - allowing swimmers maximum time with the Whale Sharks - (One plane,
one boat policy)
- Complimentary photos of your day (value AUD $50)
- Wetsuits, mask & snorkel (prescription mask available), fins
- No Sighting Policy: In the unlikely event that you do not swim with a Whale Shark on your day, you will receive another cruise free of charge (conditions apply)
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, cold beverages, herbal and black teas, premium coffee and water all provided
- Complimentary transfer service to and from your accommodation
- A well-informed, fun and experienced crew made up of marine biologists, visiting marine science researchers, dive masters and swimming teachers
Please bring a towel, bathers/swimmers, a change of dry clothing if required. A parker/jumper in case it cools down in the afternoon and for sun protection. If you are prone to seasickness please make sure you stop by the pharmacy and pick up some anti-seasickness medication prior to your trip!
Whale Sharks visit the Ningaloo coastline between March and August each year.
Pick Up: Complimentary pick up from, and drop off to, your Exmouth accommodation
Flight Information: Flights and airport transfers are NOT included in package. Qantas services the Perth to Exmouth (Learmonth airport) route. Learmonth airport is 35kms south of Exmouth town. Shuttle bus service is available from the airport to your accommodation with Exmouth Bus Charter, or Cabs on Call (pre-booking is essential).
Ready to Book? Visit our website for secure online booking: www.exmouthadventureco.com.au
Want more info? Feel free to call or email the team at Exmouth Adventure Co if you have any questions:
Ph: +61 (0)477 685 123