Spend 5 days sea kayaking, snorkelling, bushwalking and camping along the coast of World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef, followed by a day swimming with Ningaloo's Whale Sharks. Package also includes extra 4.5 star accommodation and meals.
Ningaloo Reef is one of the Earth last ocean paradises. Situated 1300km north of Perth, this World Heritage listed area boasts stunning marine ecosystems, contrasting with the raw beauty of Cape Range National Park. The reef is 320 km long and is Australia's largest fringing coral reef and the only large reef positioned very close to the mainland. It can range from 150 metres to 15 kilometres offshore and encompasses a massive 5,000 square kilometres of ocean, with 500 species of tropical fish and 220 species of coral in all. Ningaloo Reef is famous for swimming with whale sharks, its superb snorkelling, sea kayaking, and now the opportunity to swim with Humpback Whales in their natural environment.
- 5-day Ultimate Safari kayak, snorkel, bushwalk and base camp tour
- 1-day Whale Shark Discovery Tour
- 3 nights accommodation (twin share) and 3 breakfasts at 4.5 star Mantarays Ningaloo Resort
- 2 dinners at fantastic local restaurants
Availability: Tours depart Sundays, weekly (subject to availability)
Available Dates 2018:
April 8 - 13
April 29 - May 4
June 17 - 22 (FULLY BOOKED)
July 29 - August 3
This tour is the ultimate way to experience the best of what Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park have to offer. Begin by checking into your pre-booked accommodation at Mantarays Ningaloo Resort on Saturday afternoon. The following morning after breakfast we’ll pick you up from Mantarays Resort to begin your 5-day Ultimate Safari adventure. Spend the next 5 days sea kayaking along the coast in the
sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, visiting numerous snorkel sites along the way. Travel in a one-way direction with the prevailing breeze, and return by vehicle each night to our comfortable base camp. Take some short bushwalks to explore the stunning gorges of Cape Range National Park, and visit
the Milyering Visitor Centre.
At the end of the Ultimate Safari tour you'll return to Mantarays Ningaloo Resort to relax and recharge for the next leg of your adventure. Tonight you have dinner on us (to the value of $70/person) at Mantarays Resort Restaurant.
Our partners at Ocean Eco Adventures will pick you up after breakfast on Friday morning for a day swimming with majestic Whalesharks, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Return to Mantarays Resort in the afternoon to unwind and relax. On Friday night enjoy a delicious set-menu dinner at Whalers Restaurant. Tour ends with check out from Ningaloo Novotel after breakfast on Saturday morning.
Sea Kayaking and Snorkelling: The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and a safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go.
Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
Each afternoon we lock up the kayaks on the beach and return to our base camp, where (in between stories of the day!) you can take a solar shower, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
5-Day Ultimate Safari Base Camp: These 5 day tours are perfect for the person wanting to have an active holiday whilst still escaping to a relaxing place. Each night we camp out in spacious 'stand up' tents or in a swag under the stars, yet have the luxury of our vehicle and camper trailer at base camp, so camping and cooking is easy. At base camp we have picnic tables and camp chairs, gas cookers, fridges, shade and wind shelter, toilet and solar showers: all the gear we need for comfortable camping (we even provide pillows!). At the end of each day we drive back to our base camp, enjoy a fresh water wash, and over a few drinks and nibbles, enjoy the sunset. Base Camp is also close to some great bushwalking locations. We usually do the Yardie Creek walk and Mandu Mandu Gorge walk, as well as taking a visit to the National Park Visitor Centre at Milyering. This tour is the complete package for those wishing to explore Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park!
Ultimate Safari Includes:
- Double sit-inside sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising, paddles
- Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats
- Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
- Comfortable camping gear: tents, swags, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, camper trailer with fridge, wind and shade shelter, picnic tables, toilet and
- Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, BYO welcome)
- Transport to and from Cape Range National Park in our air-conditioned bus
- National Park entry and camping fees
- Qualified and experienced local guides
- Complimentary tour photos taken by your guide
- Drinking water bottle (capacity for at least 1L)
- Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
- Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm
- Camera (spare batteries/charger)
- Gloves (optional: fingerless cycling or paddling gloves are great for sun protection)
- Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
- Bushwalking clothes: enclosed footwear (sneakers, hiking shoes/boots), shorts or lightweight trousers, t-shirt or lightweight long-sleeve shirt, daypack for carrying water and camera.
- Head torch (spare batteries)
- Drinks for sunset happy hour
- Overnight bag with camp clothes, toiletries etc. Bring warm clothing for cool nights. Please bring environmentally friendly, biodegradable toiletries for bathing.
- You can bring fishing gear too, however this is not a focus of our tours (please use lures rather than bait). Our camp site is located within a Sanctuary Zone where no fishing is allowed.
FAQ: Minimum age is 8 years old. Non-swimmers are welcome, all guests wear PFDs (lifejackets) whilst kayaking and are welcome to wear them whilst snorkeling if needed. Minimum 2 persons needed to confirm tour departure. We usually paddle anywhere between 4 and 14 kms over the day, depending on how the group is travelling and prevailing weather conditions. We aim to provide the opportunity for 2 snorkels at
different locations throughout the day. This tour is ‘base camp’ style, meaning we return to the same comfortable camp site every afternoon via vehicle. There is limited mobile phone reception in the tour area, we carry a satellite phone for emergencies. Limited facilities are available at base camp for charging of devices.
Whaleshark Discovery Tour:
Swimming with a Whale Shark is unforgettable! With years of experience in offering Whale Shark cruises atYour Whaleshark Discovery Tour Includes:
Ningaloo, our partners at Ocean Eco Adventures know exactly what your
expectations are and deliver on all levels.
• Exclusive use of Ocean Eco Adventures' private Microlight spotter aircraft - allowing swimmers maximum time with the Whale Sharks - (One plane, one boat policy)
• Complimentary photos of your day (value AUD $50)
• Wetsuits, Fins, Snorkel and Face Masks (prescription mask available)
• No Sighting Policy - In the unlikely event that you do not swim with a Whale Shark on your day you will receive another cruise free of charge (conditions apply)
• Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, cold beverages, herbal and black teas, premium coffee and water all provided
• Complimentary transfer service to and from your accommodation
• A well informed, fun and experienced crew made up of marine biologists, visiting marine researchers, dive masters, commercial skippers and swimming teachers
Please bring a towel, bathers/swimmers, a change of dry clothing if required, and a parker/jumper in case it cools down in the afternoon and for sun protection.
If you are prone to seasickness please make sure to stop by the pharmacy and pick up some anti- seasickness medication prior to your trip.
Whale Sharks visit the Ningaloo coastline between March and August each year.
Flight Information: Flights and airport transfers are NOT included in package. Qantas services the Perth – Exmouth (Learmonth airport) route. Learmonth airport is 35kms south of Exmouth town. Shuttle bus service is available from the airport to your accommodation with Exmouth Bus Charter, or Cabs on Call (pre-booking is essential).
Ready to Book?:
Visit our website for secure online booking:
Want more info?: Feel free to call or email us if you have any questions:
Ph: +61 (0)477 685 123